Pathways to Financial Power
Discover your path to financial & professional success
Pathways to Financial Power provides more than 40 youth with a combination of financial and professional resources to build their network and be able to responsibly manage their finances.
Pathways to Financial Power helps transition age foster youth bring their employment options into focus, increase self-sufficiency and learn the skills needed to become financially secure. Through resume and cover letter building, networking, financial literacy, computer and technology skills, and one-on-one connections with San Diego professionals, youth are able to enhance their personal, professional and financial skills. Participants are also given opportunities to increase confidence and self-sufficiency through partnerships within the San Diego community.
Outcomes & Impact
After engaging in Pathways to Financial Power participants will have:
- How to Maximize Your Job Hunt – Professional development session for youth to work on resumes, cover letters, receive interview and salary negotiation tips and learn how to strategically look for a job online.
- Build Your Presence Online – an interactive workshop that discusses the importance of having a LinkedIn and a visual portfolio or website. Youth will learn the how to create a portfolio or design a website so they can be prepared for the future of technology.
- Mocktail Networking – an interactive mocktail mixer where youth can learn and practice networking with the JIT community and San Diego professionals.
- Brainstorm Your Idea – Empowers youth to gain confidence and think about possible entrepreneurial ideas and how they may begin planning for them.
- Build Your Business Plan – Youth will learn how to take entrepreneurial ideas to the next step! They’ll learn key definitions in a typical business plan and gain clarity on their ideas.
- Pitch Perfection – Whether it’s an elevator pitch or a business pitch, youth will learn how to powerfully share their ideas or information.
- PowerPoint – a workshop that begins with PowerPoint basics and evolves into an intermediate level where youth can learn more advanced tricks and how to create a clear and consistent presentation.
- Outlook & Word – a workshop explaining the basics of Outlook and Word so youth can learn how to send calendar invites, adjust formulas in Word, and manage their calendar and inbox.
- Excel – a workshop that starts with Excel basics and allows youth to practice creating spreadsheets and simple formulas.
Entering the business world as a Business major created a lot of fear and uncertainty. By attending the Pathways conference I was able to gain more confidence and be prepared and clear up some of my fears upon entering the career world.
This was such a powerful conference for me and I’m grateful for what the JIT team has done.
Pathways has connected me to many resources and I have recently been hired at the YMCA because of the connection I made at the Pathways conference. Since joining JIT my life has changed dynamically!
Are you ready to get on the Path to Financial Power?
Our 2018 Pathways to Financial Power Major Investors
Title Sponsor $50,000
Community Impact Fund at the Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
Presenting Sponsors $30,000
Del Mar Highlands Town Center
Suzanne & Jay Lichter
Power Sponsors $10,000
David C. Copley Foundation
Bank of America Charitable Foundation
Hill Charitable Foundation
Inez Branca Family Foundation
Mutual of Omaha Bank
Workshop Sponsors $5,000
Day for Change
Rolf Benirschke Legacy Foundation
Louarn & Alan Sorkin
Peter B. Clark
RWM Home Loans
Wawanesa Insurance, Inc.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC
In Memory of Armando Jackson
MUFG Union Bank Foundation
Joann & Larry Baca
Carolyn & Stephen Locke
Janace & Stephen Pierce
The Rower Family
Batta Fulkerson Law Group
BDO USA, LLC